Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Merritt trails

I was in Merritt from June 1 to June 4 for a conference and brought my bike.
I have an old Brodie hardtail with an adjustable fork. Old school for sure but it suits the trails I like.

The first place to look if you are going to Merritt is the Merritt Mountainbike club. They have some great info and point you to the map of the area available locally at the Mandolins Coffee shop.

The map is really worth it, very well done.

First afternoon, Wednesday after a lot of driving around I found my way to Coco-Bonk. The start of it is the picture on their home page. Lots of cattle around and deep ruts.
I am unused to ruts and failed to lift my front wheel when trying to get out of one. Small crash, small scrape but a hyperextended thumb. I carried on but when you cannot shift up on the rear cassette, you are a little limited in what you can ride.

The country up there is beautiful, see this picture from very close to Coco bonk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home